Concessions and Fee Assistance
Fee Assistance is a financial assistance program that can assist with course costs for eligible students who are experiencing financial hardship.
To apply, students must submit an online application form and supporting documents each time they would like support towards an eligible course cost.
* If eligible, CIT fee concessions are available in addition to Fee Assistance.
A 50% concession applies to all students (including Australian Apprentices) who are in receipt of Pensioner Concession Card (PCC), Health Care Card, Veteran Affairs Pension, or Veteran Affairs Children's Education Scheme Allowance (VACESA).
You should apply for a course fee concession at the time of enrolment or re-enrolment. If you are seeking a course fee concession:
- You must apply for the concession each semester, and
- You must apply prior to your first class.
You will need to provide evidence of eligibility for concession. You will need to provide at least one of the following:
- Recent Income Statement - Centrelink form. These statements are available on request from Centrelink and must show your name, address, type of benefit and date benefit commenced.
- Current Letter of Confirmation - Centrelink form. This is the letter sent to advise recipients of their Centrelink entitlements and payment arrangements. It must show your name, address, type of benefit, and date benefit commenced. CIT Student Services will check you are eligible to have a concession applied to your account.
- Pensioner Concession Card (PCC) or Health Care Card
- OR Complete a Centrelink Client Consent Form (PDF File 563.3 KB)
- Veteran Affairs Pension - Gold Card
- Veteran Affairs Children's Education Scheme Allowance (VACESA).
- Recipient must provide the notification from VACESA advising of successful application of the Long Tan Bursary.
In addition, Australian Apprentices may still be eligible for a concession, by providing evidence (in the form of payslips) demonstrating they are a low income earner or apply for financial hardship circumstances. Please enquire at any CIT Student Services Shopfront or phone (02) 6207 3188 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information, download the Concession Flyer (PDF File 29Kb)
Australian Apprentices who are unable to provide a health care card may still be eligible for a concession, by providing evidence (in the form of payslips) demonstrating they are a low-income earner or alternatively they may apply for financial hardship circumstances. Go to the Australian Apprentices Concession page for more information.
Concessions do not apply to:
- CIT commercial courses
- Higher Education fees (Degrees and Associate Degrees)
- CIT Card replacement fee
- CIT Solutions courses
- project/resource fees
- excursion fees
- administration fees
- printing and photocopying charges
- graduation robe hire fee
- replacement award fee
- International students.
Sponsored students including those from:
- government agencies
- public and private employers
- funded employment agencies.
Fees will vary according to course and study load.
Note: Study hours may include theory and practical classes; industry practicums, self-paced or self-directed learning, private study, project, and research work - on or off campus.
For more information:
- (02) 6207 3188
- Visit CIT Student Services on campus
- CIT Student Support (02) 6207 3290
- CIT Yurauna Centre (02) 6207 3309